Monday, August 27, 2012

Multiple Personalities & Disorder

It's been 3.5 months since this sweet little lady arrived... 


Don't worry... you didn't miss too much.  Just sleeping, eating, and a whole lotta poopin'.  Eh... there were a few coos, toy grabbin' and smilin' somewhere along the way, but she's now at the stage that I really love in the baby world.  You know, that point when you start seeing a little personality?  I once told Richard that newborns were boring and have no personality.  He thought that was the most horribly wonderful thing I could say about babies and likes to bring it up in reference to my love for our children.  I've always loved her, but she sure is more exciting now that she interacts with us.

This little man has enough personality to share with about 20 people...


His personality is showing up more and more each day.  He's going to be just as quirky as his daddy... One example: he runs, marches, and dances while moving ONLY his left arm at a right degree angle.  Pretty sure he learned that particular move from this video.

Our FIRST "child" is even more quirky than she used to be...


And even more dramatic.  Has anyone else ever met a dog who actually sighs and then goes to the closet when you move your feet in the bed because she thinks you're kicking her out?  or runs and hides when you ask if she wants to go outside?  Ridiculous.  But we love her!

I'm learning each day that my perfectionist personality is going to get the best of me if I'm not careful.  My words in a conversation with Richard the other night... "I wish I could be good at everything."  I don't mean that I wish I was a perfect person, but that I could have a clean/organized house and delicious dinner on the table every night, after spending the day doing creative spiritually, mentally, and physically stimulating activities with my kids.  I guess I'll just resign to having a messy house and mediocre meals if that means I get to do more of this each day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment